Hello, everyone!! I haven’t posted in a while because the pace at school has picked up a lot in the past week or two, but it’s calming down a little now and Thanksgiving break is coming soon, which is awesome!! 🙂
Anyway, I did the AWESOMEST, most EXCITING THING EVER this weekend. I went to a Trump rally!
I’ve always wanted to go to one, but they were always either too far away or they interfered with my school, so even though I’m a super Trumpian supporter, I couldn’t say I’d been to everything. 😉 Continue reading “Trump Rally!”
Well, to be more specific, college is crazy! 😉 Now that I’m about halfway through my first semester, the pressure is building to keep my grades up. I also have an added disadvantage that most freshman do very well without: since I’ve been homeschooled my whole life, I am used to processing information at my own pace and also learning straight out of a textbook and making my own conclusions. The fast pace of the lecture halls is telling a little, but I have hope that that is only a temporary “freshman” setback.
Anyways, life’s been a little crazy for the past two weeks. I got sick at the beginning of this crazy cycle and I missed a few classes, so I spent most of last week trying to catch up. I also have a chemistry exam tomorrow…..keep your fingers crossed for me!!! 🙂
But not for an instant do I regret coming to college or choosing this particular degree. I’m very, very happy in college, I’m learning tons of stuff and I am content knowing that this is what I was meant to do. Do I regret skipping my senior year of high school? No, except for the fact that I never took chemistry. Gosh, that would be useful now!!! 😀 Continue reading “Life is Crazy!!!”
Whew!! Yes, it’s true. My first college exams are over!! 🙂
In case you didn’t know (I don’t remember if I posted this or not) the pre-med course that I’m taking involves a lot of chemistry and biology, both of which are my major courses for this semester. I’m also taking a math class (statistics) and an Honors College intro course called Text and Critics (we read books and papers and critique them).
So I had my first biology exam last Friday and I passed it with an 85%, so I’m pretty happy with it. I also did my first Chem exam yesterday evening at eight in the evening (why the heck do they do exams in the evening when you’re tired?!?!?!) and I got a 76%, which is good considering both the fact that it was my first exam and I’ve never taken chemistry before.
So, yeah!!! 😀 I’m pretty happy with it and I’m looking forward to improving my scores over time. I jumpstarted the first few weeks, but tiredness and college wear-and-tear is finally catching up with me, so I know that if I can push through the next couple of weeks with improvements, then I’m good to go. Wish me luck, y’all!!! 🙂
I cannot promise regular posting, because I don’t know how much homework, if I’m in the mood, etc., but I’ll try.
Plus a few memes for you:
Keep smiling!! 🙂
A dog is there to be loved,
And love you back in return.
A dog is there to cuddle,
And comfort you in times of need.
No matter the color, no matter the breed,
Dogs are the same underneath;
They love you with those big, brown eyes,
No matter the hate, no matter the lies.
Continue reading “A Dog”
Hello, everyone!! I just wanted to share some of these with you…..
This one is me some days…… Continue reading “Memes”
I thought I’d do a fun, somewhat meaningless post because….well….I’m waiting for class to start and I’m a little bored….. 😀
So, my top ten favorite books (in no particular order)!!
- John Adams, by David McCullough (non-fiction)
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull, by Richard Bach (fiction)
- Secret of the Andes, by Ann Nolan Clark (fiction)
- Rocky Mountain Ranger
- The Frontier Trilogy, by Zane Grey
- Prelude to Foundation, by Isaac Asimov
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy, by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Crusade in Jeans, by Thea Beckman
- Forlorn River, by Zane Grey
- A trilogy of King Arthur books that I cannot remember the name of, by Gerald Morris
And my ton ten favorite movies (again, in no particular order):
- The Last Samurai, starring Tom Cruise
- The Lord of the Rings (of course)
- Kung Fu Panda (1,2,3) (animated)
- Star Wars (OF COURSE!! 😀 )
- Mission Impossible 4, starring Tom Cruise (I like all the MIs, but #4 is my favorite)
- Rocky, starring Sylvester Stallone
- McLintock, starring John Wayne (and almost all his other movies, 🙂 )
- Kung Fu, starring David Carradine (I’m also watching a series by the same name and actor. I highly recommend–it’s great!)
- We Were Soldiers, starring Mel Gibson
- Independence Day, starring an inconspicuous but good actor…..
- Bonuses: Gladiator and Apocalypto
And last but not least, my 10 favorite pieces of music (iiiinnnnn no particular order):
- True Grit (by Glen Campbell)
- Harp music in general….
- Now We Are Free (by Lisa Gerrard)
- Six Schluber Chorales (by Bach)
- God Bless the USA (by Lee Greenwood)
- Soundtracks for the movie Jonathan Livingston Seagull (by Neil Diamond)
- He Lives in You, from the Lion King 2 (sung by Alex Boye)
- I Think My Dog’s A Democrat (by Bryan Lewis)
- Sgt. Mackenzie, instrumental
- The War Wagon (by Burt Kennedy)
So that’s all….I spent 20 minutes writing this, so class is coming up soon. 🙂 Let me know what your top ten favorites are!! 🙂