Whew!! Yes, it’s true. My first college exams are over!! 🙂
In case you didn’t know (I don’t remember if I posted this or not) the pre-med course that I’m taking involves a lot of chemistry and biology, both of which are my major courses for this semester. I’m also taking a math class (statistics) and an Honors College intro course called Text and Critics (we read books and papers and critique them).
So I had my first biology exam last Friday and I passed it with an 85%, so I’m pretty happy with it. I also did my first Chem exam yesterday evening at eight in the evening (why the heck do they do exams in the evening when you’re tired?!?!?!) and I got a 76%, which is good considering both the fact that it was my first exam and I’ve never taken chemistry before.
So, yeah!!! 😀 I’m pretty happy with it and I’m looking forward to improving my scores over time. I jumpstarted the first few weeks, but tiredness and college wear-and-tear is finally catching up with me, so I know that if I can push through the next couple of weeks with improvements, then I’m good to go. Wish me luck, y’all!!! 🙂
I cannot promise regular posting, because I don’t know how much homework, if I’m in the mood, etc., but I’ll try.
Plus a few memes for you:
Keep smiling!! 🙂
A dog is there to be loved,
And love you back in return.
A dog is there to cuddle,
And comfort you in times of need.
No matter the color, no matter the breed,
Dogs are the same underneath;
They love you with those big, brown eyes,
No matter the hate, no matter the lies.
Continue reading “A Dog”
Hello, everyone!! I just wanted to share some of these with you…..
This one is me some days…… Continue reading “Memes”
I thought I’d do a fun, somewhat meaningless post because….well….I’m waiting for class to start and I’m a little bored….. 😀
So, my top ten favorite books (in no particular order)!!
- John Adams, by David McCullough (non-fiction)
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull, by Richard Bach (fiction)
- Secret of the Andes, by Ann Nolan Clark (fiction)
- Rocky Mountain Ranger
- The Frontier Trilogy, by Zane Grey
- Prelude to Foundation, by Isaac Asimov
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy, by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Crusade in Jeans, by Thea Beckman
- Forlorn River, by Zane Grey
- A trilogy of King Arthur books that I cannot remember the name of, by Gerald Morris
And my ton ten favorite movies (again, in no particular order):
- The Last Samurai, starring Tom Cruise
- The Lord of the Rings (of course)
- Kung Fu Panda (1,2,3) (animated)
- Star Wars (OF COURSE!! 😀 )
- Mission Impossible 4, starring Tom Cruise (I like all the MIs, but #4 is my favorite)
- Rocky, starring Sylvester Stallone
- McLintock, starring John Wayne (and almost all his other movies, 🙂 )
- Kung Fu, starring David Carradine (I’m also watching a series by the same name and actor. I highly recommend–it’s great!)
- We Were Soldiers, starring Mel Gibson
- Independence Day, starring an inconspicuous but good actor…..
- Bonuses: Gladiator and Apocalypto
And last but not least, my 10 favorite pieces of music (iiiinnnnn no particular order):
- True Grit (by Glen Campbell)
- Harp music in general….
- Now We Are Free (by Lisa Gerrard)
- Six Schluber Chorales (by Bach)
- God Bless the USA (by Lee Greenwood)
- Soundtracks for the movie Jonathan Livingston Seagull (by Neil Diamond)
- He Lives in You, from the Lion King 2 (sung by Alex Boye)
- I Think My Dog’s A Democrat (by Bryan Lewis)
- Sgt. Mackenzie, instrumental
- The War Wagon (by Burt Kennedy)
So that’s all….I spent 20 minutes writing this, so class is coming up soon. 🙂 Let me know what your top ten favorites are!! 🙂
Yes! The first week of school is finished! It was busy, crazy, muscle-pain-ey and really great!! 🙂 I am very happy to be back in school again.
Just in case you guys didn’t already know, pre-med has a million science courses in it, so I’m basically up to my ears in chemical equations and cell membranes. I’m also taking math and a freshman-mandatory seminar for Honors college. So not too bad…… 😀
Oh, and racquetball!! Do any of you play racquetball? I’d never seen it done or played it before Monday last, so I was a little apprehensive. But I liked it so much that I played a whole extra hour alone to practice. In short, it’s a great, fun sport and I’m really looking forward to playing it all semester!
So yeah. Homework is a new deal, but I’m doing well so far. It helps that I like most of my classes. And my backpack (a Granite Gear piece of awesomeness) is wonderful, but I’ve never carried a backpack around with books in it for school, so my shoulders had the ache of the ages for the first couple of days!!! 😀 😀
Overall, I am very happy that I made the decision to go to college early. I was ready and I don’t regret the year of high school that I missed. I needed to take the next big step in my life and I and confident that it can lead me where I need to go.
Keep smiling!! 🙂
Hello and hello, everyone!!!! 😀 It’s been so long since I posted on here…..my summer has been amazingly relaxed but now I’m back to school!!!
First day of my first semester of my first year of university!!! I was really nervous this morning (I think you can all relate to that…..) but now I’m doing great and I’m super excited for almost all my classes.
It’s a crazy pace after a lazy summer, but I hope to start posting more on here again. To all of you who have stayed faithful during the barren summer, kudos and thanks. I appreciate it. 🙂
I’m writing this waiting for my next class (biology) and I just wanted to tell all of you, whenever you go out into the world of college, make sure you SMILE!! I pass so many grumpy people I feel like I’m the only happy person here…..I try to smile at people to brighten the atmosphere but most of them only give me a look. 😀 Continue reading “Back to School (And Hello)”